A striking example of West German vintage ceramics, this jug vase was produced in the 1970s. Scheurich Keramik is a German ceramics manufacturer that was founded in 1928 by the Scheurich cousins, Franz and Anton. The company was originally located in Selb, Bavaria, but it moved to Speichersdorf in 1935. It still produces ceramics to this day.
This piece is matt glazed and features blended stripes in shades of stone, ochre, mushroom and dark chocolate. It is stamped with West Germany and the form number 404-26 which denotes both the style of the vase and the size/height of 26cm.
Height 26 cm Diameter at shoulder 13 cm Neck Opening 5 cm