This simple but elegant jug forms part of the Hillstonia Ware range produced by Moira Pottery between 1930-1970. It is perfect for a small arrangement of dried flowers.
Moira pottery works started producing utilitarian stoneware items in 1922 such as marmalade pots, and then branched out into more decorative items. The pottery was closed in 1972 when the National Coal Board made a compulsory purchase of the land as a rich seam of coal ran directly underneath.
Height 19cm, Width at widest point 13 cm Neck opening 5.5 cm